David’s Disclaimer: When I first saw the title of this guest post, I nearly rejected it without reading, as I (don’t we all?) have an aversion to unwanted email. But I did scan it, and changed my mind when I spied the third step: “mass mailing should be avoided”. Much relieved, I went ahead, and here’s the rest of the advice for all you would-be email marketers.
Promoting your business through email marketing is one of the most effective methods of advertising. The effectiveness of an email marketing campaign is the result of having a connection with your potential customers. Building your list of customers is easier with email marketing. When used with other effective means of marketing your business, you will be able to see great and fast results in no time.
The steps to making your email marketing campaign better can add your chance up of earning more profit from email marketing. By devoting yourself and time religiously to email marketing, there is a better chance your potential buyers will start to contact and communicate with you.
Here are four easy steps to take to have better email marketing for your business.
- First off, you should get started by developing a simple, good and easily understandable and attractive email to be sent into your potential customers. Make sure the content that you create is direct to the point and delivers exactly what it is intended for.
- Next, you should define who your target audience is. This is extremely important as your marketing campaign can really flop when you do not have any idea who you should be targeting.
- It is important to know that mass mailing should be avoided. It is not advised to send out your emails to just anyone. Your goal here is to allow those who are really interested of your business to read your messages. You would not want your efforts to end up in the trash cans when people are not interested to read about it. If you send out emails by grabbing a list of emails from where you can find them, chances are your efforts will only go to waste.
- Finally, it is always important to keep track of your where sent your emails and ask for feedback from them occasionally. This way, you will be able to interact and bond with your potential customers. Do not forget to provide an email address where your potential customers can contact you whenever they need to.
Making your email marketing campaign better does not have to be difficult or complicated. Sometimes, the simplest methods can give you with the best benefits.
Email marketing is considered to be a cost effective tool when you talk about marketing techniques on the internet. Each website is dependent upon a good and profitable marketing campaign to generate revenues and to be visible in the popular search engines. Without well focused marketing efforts, a website will remain to be unknown to people and hence won’t service its purpose of providing monetary edge and advantage.
As an internet marketer, you have to realize that even if there are new and revolutionary marketing techniques available today, email marketing remained to be one of the easiest and most cost effective ways of finding prospective customers. Following the above given steps, you can easily get started in email marketing and learn how to make it better over time.
* Our guest is Obi Orgnot, Founder and CEO, OrgNot Ltd., and author of the Exponential Growth Manual. As a social entrepreneur he helps small businesses to grow through his company’s digital marketing service.
photo credit: Pedro Laboy via photo pin cc
photo credit: Intersection Consulting via photo pin cc
3 thoughts on “Guest post*: Four Steps to Better Email Marketing”
It is always important to keep track of your where sent your emails and ask for feedback from them occasionally. It is the feed back that would let you know where you are lacking behind and where you need to make changes
Thanks to post this nice article. I am very geld to read your article and that it will be very helpful for all.
Congratulations on blogger. Undoubtedly one of the best I’ve ever encountered. A source of information for those who have no knowledge in the area.
Hopefully move forward in this way, with this wonderful source of information. Not to mention that the comments are also very interesting.
Wish you well, a hug !!
Email Marketing Atommic